Time sure has passed by pretty fast. I can still remember the first time I entered Mr James' CG1413 class during the start of the semester. Being greeted by a group of strangers, I was not sure what to expect from this module. Now, it has already been 13 weeks and we've come to the end of the module. Throughout this time, not only have I made a great bunch of friends, I have learned a whole lot about communication from Mr James himself.

Well, to say the least, CG1413 was one of the more fun and engaging modules in this semester. We were made to voice out our opinions, give short speeches and present for the much coveted final grade. The last time I did that was a whole 3 years ago, during my junior college days. Back then, it was more of a "teacher-teach-student-listen" system, which resulted in little participation. However, after a few sessions of CG1413, I began to become more comfortable when speaking in front of the class. My confidence rose and I was able to bring my point across more clearly every time I tried. They say "practice makes perfect"!
I also mentioned in my first post that the last time I wrote a proper report was 3 years ago. During my army days, the best thing I did to improve my language skills was just reading. Honestly speaking, that did not help a lot. Throughout the course of the module, I was tasked to write reports, reflections, blog posts, proposals etc. Once again, my skills were put to the test, task after task. I must say it was not easy at first, but I got more fluent over time and became better at writing.

Lastly, I can fairly say that I have improved in the aspects of working in a group. There were multiple projects coming from CG1102, CG1108 and CG1413. Albeit the heavy workload, it gave me ample opportunities to use what I have learned. Not to forget, there were various interesting methods used during lessons. The most memorable one was being videotaped during a project meeting. It was my very first time. At first I was a bit unsure but in the end, it definitely helped in one way or another.

Coming into this module, my communication and language skills were very rusty. However after these 13 weeks, I must say I have improved in those areas tremendously. This will definitely help in my future work. Gone were the days when I thought engineers only had to sit behind their desks in a corner to do their work.


A big thank you to my fellow classmates and Mr James!