It's been awhile since the last post and plenty of things have passed. One of the more important events was the dreaded Oral Presentation for CG1413.

The preparation towards the final oral presentation was not an easy one. With the CG1102 and CG1108 projects happening concurrently, deadlines were reaching, fast.

Soon, it was Monday, 22nd March - the day of presentation. After a long haul of preparation work, it was over in a mere 40 minutes. Even with relief, the group did not feel great about the presentation.

Looking back at the video, there were a couple of points to take back.

First off, the whole time during my part of the presentation, I was jittery and unsure of my speech. Due to this, I was caught looking at my cue cards more often than not which led to little eye contact with the audience. Also, I stumbled on my words and spoke too quickly. I thought it boiled down to insufficient preparation on my part; not spending enough time to rehearse and memorizing the lines of my speech.

Another point was that as a whole, our group presentation was long. It did not help that the content was dry as well making it, at times, unbearable for the audience. Also noting that we crossed the time limit, we should have made it more concise and straight to the point. We should have left out the less important points to make our presentation more focused.

However, one thing that was fairly better was that during the Q&A session, each of us contributed, helping one another to answer the questions. This showed "group spirit" within the 4 of us and somehow made the Q&A easier.

Reflecting on this, I must say that the presentation was not a very good one and there are still a lot of things to learn and work on.